"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for approval, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills -- skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you leave my language alone right now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will punctuate you."

Friday, August 2, 2013

Teddy Are You Kidding?


I think Ted needs to polish his punctuating skills, too.

Metal polishing seems like such a niche market, that I was pretty sure this must be the only one in College Town. It's certainly the only one I can recall seeing. A check of the yellow pages confirms that it is indeed the only one of its kind, and not for just College Town, but for all of Butt County.

I don't know who needs metal polished. Maybe modifiers and restorers of cars? I mean, if you want some sort of polished metal thing, don't you just buy it that way? Do old ladies and lazy butlers bring Ted their silverware or tea pots when they need a touch up?

 I can't recall a time in my life when I needed some piece of metal polished. Nor can I imagine a situation between now and my death when I might.

*Sigh* - I can tell I won't be able to let this go until I pay Ted a visit and see for myself just what sorts of metal he polishes. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment