"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for approval, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills -- skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you leave my language alone right now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will punctuate you."

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Call First for Directions


The top part of this sign (unfortunately cut off) follows a typical format: "unauthorized vehicles will be towed away at owner's expense." It's somewhat heartening that there is an apostrophe in "owner's", but I've always thought it should be "owners' expense" since we're referring to multiple vehicles (except in the unlikely event that all the offending vehicles belong to the same person).

But that's not what I came here to talk about (and yet I just did). I'm more interested in the fact that I've been parking near this sign for over a year and only recently noticed that the towed vehicles can be claimed at a phone number or by telephoning the California Vehicle Code 22511.8 (I don't know what the "AD" means).

No comments:

Post a Comment