"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for approval, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills -- skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you leave my language alone right now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will punctuate you."

Monday, May 28, 2012

Ped-ophobic


You've probably seen a sign like this. The meaning is pretty clear: they don't want you to try to cross a street in the direction in which you are facing the sign. Instead you should use the crosswalk indicated by the arrow. Don't get me started about how many intersections are set up so that a pedestrian has to cross streets three times just to get to the corner he or she wanted. This may be great for traffic flow, but it is a pedestrian-hostile system. What if you're old, or in a wheelchair, or otherwise mobility-challenged? I guess you're just out of luck, huh? I guess you should buy a car, loser! Ahem. Sorry. I told you not to get me started.

Back to the subject at hand: the meaning of the sign above is fairly clear (if something of a pain in the ass). Well, what is one to make of the following sign, spotted at a round-about intersection in?


It's like the sign is trying to confuse people. "Hey, stupid! Can't you read? There's no crosswalk here! Use the crosswalk! Bwah ha ha ha ha ha!"

No comments:

Post a Comment